PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Sep 2008, 18:34
Smirnoff N21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jedem das seine

Hey big fellas come on give it a break. It's totally normal that people migrate all the time to and from QR and AA back and forth. It's about philosophies and believes of what's right and what's wrong as well as self-esteem and valuation of folks concerned. QR believes F/O has to be an astronaut to be a Cpt and demands accordantly, fair enough, though practise shows in some cases the opposite let alone the performance of DEC. AA uses the current market situation and blindness of others and seeks a bargain, head hunting for experienced guys and given them THE last boost, smart move if you ask me. Again, I'd do the same and would recommend to QR to do the same. It can't be that wrong since many others do fast track upgrade or DEC for SFO. I'll take the freedom to speak for some folks who left to AA, it's definitely a better deal, alone taking into account the unreliability of QR. The only reason why so many ongoing candidates left QR is that there's no TRUST. No one believes a word said in the office. It may appear a bit implausible when it comes to F/Os but there are many Cpts. as well who made their move. QR 515 I'm sorry to disagree with you but I definitely recommend to anyone to make that move. Other than that it's pointless to try to discredit anyone's reputation or principles of conduct. Just to make you aware not every QR's F/o gets it a go in AA, they seem to be well aware of candidates past and file's cleanness and potential for command-abilities. The idea of being concerned about the individual's well-being is inappropriate in the world of practical decision making. If QR was really seeking candidates dedicating themselves to the airlines future they would offer a career path not an abuse. Regarding the licenses and other aspects no worries it's all blessed by the CAA and before you offered a job all eventualities are well teken care of. Come on 5 awards for being of THE most innovative business entity is something. Think about it.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!

It takes about 10 years to bring up a potential Cpt candidate and requires tremendous financial and time consuming investment. It takes just few vain promisses and abuses to lose it. Stuff to think about, ain't it.

Last edited by Smirnoff N21; 20th Sep 2008 at 18:46.