PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Sep 2008, 13:30
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dogman,

wrong once more. I do believe what I am writing here and I never had or will have a master mate!

Lulu,

As I said before, QR is not perfect and we all know it! But I have been here many years and believe me, I do have other options when looking at my nationality and original licence!

I just do not believe in people who can only spread lies here, with the sole purpose of destabilising this airline.
Did you know we have a large group of posters who spread only rubbish with as a purpose seeing as many people as poissible leave or refrain from joining, so they can have the position they want or the salary they need?

I am sorry, but I dont play games like that! Thats why...STICK TO THE FACTS!

Just as an example: POPAY went to AA after he passed the interview....man, check your fact before you write something please!

Do you really want to go deeper into the details of why those guys you mentioned there by name are joining AA? If you want I will, but I am sure they will not be happy to see their stories spread out on a public forum!

You want to go there and become an i nstant HOTSHOT captain...by all means mate, GO! Try it!
Go and live in Kota kinabalu, live on 6500UDS while flying 100hrs/month

That is IF they keep their promise and actually make you a captain!

And good luck to you, IF you ever make it to your claimed 3500Hrs PIC, in finding another job. I know at least three major carriers who will NOT accept you as DEC if you did your initial upgrade at Air Asia.

But hey, I am not the one keeping you from taking that decision! GO AHEAD! Just do not come crying somewhere in the future!

I just give facts, thats all. And I learned not to believe in fairy tales anymore. Instant upgrade, cheap lifestyle,.....Nono, does not fool me!

And whats the BIG DEAL about waiting 5 years for a command anyway? Are you that old that you have to be captain right here right now? Whats the hurry?
I bet in your previous company it took much longer to get an upgrade than in QR. doesnt it?

Just remember, when you are this impatient to get what you think might be the walhalla in aviation, maybe you are not cut out of the right wood to become a commander!

All I am trying to do here is to prevent some of the nice latin american guys we have here from making a decision, which could easily turn out the biggest mistake in their carreers!
A lot of them believe AA is the paradise in aviation to go to, all I am asking is to think twice!

Talk to the guys who have been there, go and have a look yourself!

What kind of a company that takes itself seriously, does a one hour improvised interview after which they offer you an instant upgrade! You think its because they need your perfect flying skills, your unfailable decision making capabilities,....?????YEAH RIGHT? They might take you because they are in dire needs for pilots at the moment because too many Malaysians ran away as fast as they could!

What will happen once you are in is that they will start nagging about your licence ( which is not JAR OPS), your frozen ATPL etc after which they will tell you its not possible to sit on the left seat....OOps sorry....

Once more....GO AHEAD and try it!

Last post from my part on this boring subjects...the deaf dont listen and the blind dont see anyway