PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAA ATC Positions
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 11:31
jackl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IN my defence,,

If I come across as overly negative that was not the intention but I would like to state the following,

(a) The last twelve to eighteen months have been a bruising and difficult time for controllers in IAA. The dispute was difficult and morale sapping for all staff and the comments made in the media about us by our management were uncalled for, hurtful and downright disrecpectful to a staff that carried out major changes in rosters, equipment and procedures without complaint . Did this make me angry .You bet it did !!!!!

(b) As regards contract staff, I for one welcome anyone who will make our lives a bit easier and allow us to get a day off for a wedding , christening etc. I admire their bravery to travel so far as i have worked abroad and know what it is like .Just join the union and dont let yourselves be used as a stick to beat us in the next dispute.

(c) As i stated ,the job itself is fine and you will be treated fairly by all the staff. As regards not getting any recognition for work well done ,if it is an international thing in ATC centres it is still wrong and it costs very little to appreciate good hard working staff with a few words of praise or a company sponsored night out. After all as far as I know we are still the revenue generating side of the company.

(d) Mabye it is the weather just getting at me as we have had the worst summer on record or perhaps the fact that i have just paid a second mortage on childcare this month .

Apart from all that we are still a great little country ..