PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeroflot B737 Down near Perm
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 10:26
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The next order from the russian aviation authoriries concerning the perm crash has been issued. Particulary it contains (in my free-style translation):

1) Ensure captain training curriculums correspond to state standards in all aircompanies
2) Prohibit transition of captains from 3 and more crew member planes to 2 crew member planes without flying experience as a FO on 2 crew member planes
3) Design and apply measures to increase professional pilots training quality and avoid formal approach to evaluation of their skills

I feel deep sorry and respect to the crew and I'm sure they did everything they could to avoid the crash, but such message gives something to think about.
Yes I would think that they either knew before that accident that russian 3 crew pilots could not handle 2 crew airplanes (which I doubt) or it is a soviet style actionism. "Do something quick to calm the public"

I think it would better to wait for at least a profound analasys of the crash with FDR/CVR data before issuing somthing like that...

Ensure captain training curriculums correspond to state standards in all aircompanies
I would have thought that this is the responsibility of the overseeing authority...