PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check outs
Thread: Check outs
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 06:07
bobdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A surprisingly interesting thread! David has a point in that every pilot has his or her own way of doing things. A truly professional examiner will, as as been stated earlier, get a general impression of the capablities very early in the proceedings and as said, the rest is a formality.
I have recently moved to France and had to do a French skills test at the local club. It was soon apparent that the examiner was very intent in showing me how skillful he was, rather than checking me out. Being a professional Citation pilot, he revelled in keeping the nose wheel of the C172 hard on the ground until rotation and using 10 degrees of flap well outside the white arc. It certainly wasnt my place to comment on his technique though. (Some no doubt will say I should have done!), all I wanted to achieve was my license signed off. This he did with a comment that an hour with an instructor to practice cross wind techniques woudlnt come amiss. Have to say though, his nose wheel method, certainly helps to keep the centre line. Shame about the tyres etc!

BobD