PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scheduling tracking CASS?
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 01:11
twinairpool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scheduling tracking CASS?

Can any one confirm this? Can Screw Scheduleing track CASS???

IS THIS TRUE?

Hello everyone, there was an incident here at that we would like everyone to be aware of.

There was a certain pilot that was on DTW reserve, even though that certain pilot lives in PHL. Our afternoon flight went out of DTW with no issues, and the pilot didn't think he would be called, so jumpseated back home to PHL on Northwest.

When the flight landed in PHL, there were many messages from scheduling. The pilot called scheduling and told them that he was at the movies and she said, "no you weren't, you were on NWA flight 1776 and you just landed. You have a reserve assignment for tomorrow." So I accepted the reserve assignment and thought the issue was over.

I went home and that certain scheduler wrote me up saying I was unavailable on reserve. I want everyone to make sure it doesn't happen to them.

I didn't know a scheduler could track our movement via CASS. Our union officials are working with the company to figure out if this practice can be stopped, but for now assume they know where you are at all times!