PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAA ATC Positions
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 00:03
Blockla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm on my way across in 2 weeks:

Why on earth would you want to come to Ireland?
Well it's an opportunity to explore the world, well Europe anyway.
It has rained non stop for the last 3 months (Irish summer ),
I have noticed, it will be a nice change, for a while anyway, the weather is a concern, but not insurmountable, tis only the weather, we'll see after I'm there for a while...
the cost of living is possibly the highest in Europe, the health service is third world, the economy is in freefall,
Maybe true, but life's an adventure; my decision is not financially based, if it were I wouldn't be flying 6 hours past the middle east; where I had an offer.
the rosters we work are murder
They look good compared to what we have in Oz and the current contract discussions the employer want's to make them worse, a little consistency will be appreciated.
you will never get a word of appreciation from our management. In fact the only face to face you will get is when you are in trouble.
Just like any other ANSP; ASA probably has the trophy of worlds worst? (and there are many contenders) We had Global recruits come in 12 months ago, all those on LWOP from their previous employer, except the Sth Africans, will be going home after their LWOP runs out; none like the management or the company.
You will never get a days casual leave.
same same. Have you noticed the TIBA thing going on in OZ, almost everyday in the last 6 months without exception I have worked in a short staffed environment, enough is enough.

For me Ireland is an escape vehicle, I hope I'm headed in the right direction; if not I can always change my mind at some time; it's not like it's irreversible; even if ASA doesn't take me back; the Middle East will always have vacancies, particularly post Dubai World Central opening.