PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 00:00
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having dealt with Mr Byron, I would say he's executed his job pretty well, with the tools he was given.

Government has changed many thing for the worse, the most notable of all these is the "user pays system", so Byron picked up the ball he was given and ran with it as best he could ( even though there were various malignant cultures with the organisation, under funded, still with the same ****ty base legislation ).

I believe Mr Sandilands is just another douche bag trying to make a name for himself by publishing more of the fanatical misinformation to scare the public into reading his writings, IMHO there is nothing intelligent in his writings.

Do we remember why the CASA board was disbanded, because it was the opinion of the government of the time that it was a failure, why else would they disband it ?.

Whilst I am far from an expert, all this humbug about rewriting the legilsation IMHO is a complete waste of time and money, we do not need to re-invent the wheel, the base legilsation is quite recoverable, it just need to be corrected, to fix the problems that many here are quite aware of.

MOS ( manual of standards ) - we need correction of these documents ( if not a complete removal of ), these documents often vary considerably from the legislated requirements, add to this equation an officious weaner that happens to slipped through the "HR" process as an FOI or AWI and you have a very unhappy region, refer the noting of the FNQ region by the Senate.

On that note, in most part I thought the FNQ culture had changed considerably for the better from say, 2003 ?.

I do not care if people disagree, but I believe Byron did a reasonable job, Government gave him two slices of bread and a turd, and they are suprised they are not having Roast Lamb for dinner ?.