PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 23:10
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They really are flogging a dead horse! Why keep flying as if nothing is happening??? Their website shows no signs of any problems, they are still accepting bookings well into the future and lets face, unless you are clued into business news I am sure most people outside of Italy who have booked with them are clueless as to whats going on, we only know because we are interested!

Its demise is imminent, if they insist on flying around until the airline is running on fumes well fine but they should really be using this time to wind down operations, try to get word out to people with bookings that flights will be ending on whatever day, they will try to fly you home, ensure all crews are back home and basically have their affairs in order!!!! Flying around with this "Iya nooooooooo Nattang!!??!" mentality though very Italian is not the way to go!

I can see it now, AZ flight arrives down route, pulls onto stand, ground staff knock on the door, door opens, ground staff says to crew "Sorry to hear about your jobs guys, suppose this is the last AZ flight Ill ever handle", crew member at doors says "What are you talking about?, we are not gone bust", Ground staff says "Yes you are, its all over the news"!!!! Its happened before only I was the ground staff member and the crew were from Sabena!!!