PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 16:58
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the response Keepitlit.

I have flown in MIDO from LHR to BHD and those seats are one of the reasons that prompted the question . I kinda figured that it was operational reasons more than anything else but recently there has been a bit of a pattern to the ops of the Mid-haul fleet within the UK which was the second reason for the question.

If truth be told after a weeks work, I am just grateful for a seat and an on time flight, a massive leather seat with expansive legroom would be a pleasent surprise.

What is to happen to the 144 config aircraft? Will they be converted to interchangeable configs like the older short haul A319's and A320's? The seats on CH and CJ were actually only bettered for comfort by those on MIDO which is ironic.

Aer Lingus do operate only economy but essentially on my last 2 flights so have BMI. I have yet to fly Aer Lingus but I have heard very positive reports about them and surely it is something BMI need to worry about. In that regard a better business class product may just help retain those loyal business flyers who perhaps live closer to Aldergrove than City but put in the extra miles for a Business Class service. I am equal distance from both.

I did wonder about LGWCrew's comment. BMI are bigger than just a domestic airline and surely rely on feeder traffic to Long/Mid and other short haul european destinations to keep them going.

Cheers
Steve