PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Market
Thread: Job Market
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 16:22
JB007

PPRuNe Secret Agent!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celtic Pilot

In defense to our reactions to 'this question'.

One of the things i'm constantly amazed at is how little guys/gals actually know about what things are/whats going on. I met a PPL recently who was asking advice and is starting ATPL groundschool next year (or was!) who didn't know what a turbo-prop was!!!!

So, sorry, don't agree with you - With the loss of Zoom and the huge publicity the loss of XL has received in the past few weeks (XL even made it large onto 'Mock The Week' last night) Does someone training or have the ambitions to be a pilot really need to ask how the job market is???!!!!

To become an 'airline lad' i'm afraid your gonna just have to get with it a bit more, harsh I know but this is ruthless cut throat stuff, 1000's just like you fighting for the same jobs, all with the same qualifications - why should an airline employ you over him/her?!? And all this just to get to the interview stage to put your point across...

Redsnail has listed some good pointers on the last few pages of the 'Upturn' thread which are worth a look over...

G SXTY is correct, low houred recruitment is and will be for approx 4 to 5 years zero! PM me and i'll happily fill you in on my sector!