PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 15:32
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great, great new about Wizz Air starting Poznan Cork in December just in time for the Christmas holidays. I wonder will the tails be turned soon with perhaps some Irish workers seeking employment in Poland or even in the Budapest area? For example, there are all ready quite a number of young Irish college students studying medicine in the universities in the Budapest area. The entry qualifications to the Hungarian universities are not quite as massive as they are here in Ireland so it is becoming quite an attractive prospect for some would be doctors to travel abroad for their medical studies. It has now been said to me a number of times by interested parties on what are the chances of a Budapest Cork flight being restored so let us hope for the very best for Wizz Air to do the business once again for Cork and some of her would be young doctors!

She Who Must be Obeyed and I took a flight from Dublin to Cork yesterday afternoon. We travelled down on the FR9847 at 1820 hours. The route must drive Ryanair nuts in some ways. The arriving pax at Dublin on the FR9846 numbered just 61 but on the way down to Cork there was no less than 177 passengers which is quite a performance but what a difference to 61 on the way up! We had arrived at Dublin on another Ryanair flight from the sun earlier in the day. That flight was almost full and most passengers were buying plenty of food and drink, more so than I have ever noticed before, so the ancillary income sure polished off what must have all ready been quite a profitable flight so Ryanair are sure doing an awful amount right!