PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Good Stories?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 13:54
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Because I am a contract pilot and work in various parts of the world with a handfull of licences I spend a lot of time as SLF with most major airlines in this world. All of them have in-flight magazines and most of them have similar articles about what various members of the company do. This is just another one.

So what did he do wrong?

The article is perfectly straightforward and gives a rundown of how he has ended up doing what he does and how he does it. Somebody posts it on prune and the vultures start picking it over introducing statements that are pure imagination.

How could he be a SAS trooper in the Falklands and a Vulcan captain in the throes of the end of the aircraft's service at the same time? If he had been any good at rugby the last place the RAF would have posted him would be to 1 Group. How could he claim to be either? He obviously didn't.

Banter is banter and ragging is ragging but to accuse people of being a Walter Mitty when they are just doing their job to make a buck is pure malice.

Thank God I work in parts of the World where success is admired and congratulated and not sneered at by jealous failures.