PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single large gall stone acceptable for Class 1?
Old 19th Sep 2008, 13:42
GSXR1K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loose rivets, thank you. I had already read most of the stuff written here about gall stones, but since i understood in your case it was the gall bladder that became inflamed, not that the stone got stuck somewhere after exitting it, and since your stone was positively huge, i thought our problems weren´t exactly the same.

I was under the impression that my 7 mm stone could not get out of the gall bladder and get stuck somewhere where it could cause blockage. Neither did i think it was big enough to cause the gall bladder problems. Wishfull (and uninformed) thinking, i gess...

Anyway, as of today, i have never had any real problem with it, though i agree there´s no way you can take the risk of flying any passengers if there´s even a remote chance that you´ll have a crisis like that, and thus i´m definitely planning on having the op, though there´s still the small matter (made a big matter by approaching fATPL course fees...) of wether my medical insurance will cover it.

Funny thing, i´ve done some aerobatics this year (G forces ranging form +6.5 to -3) and the stone never made itself present, contrary to the 2 mm kidney one, wich got on it´s way the night after my first aerobatic flight, last year.