PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 12:56
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

I am a pretty regular traveller so my obervations below are based on personal experience and ACARS logs.

My question to anyone who may be in the know is, does BMI have any sort of consistant fleet utilisation policy on the route LHR/BHD?

I ask because both last Friday and yesterday when travelling on the BD96 the aircraft (A319's CJ & CH) were all one class seating with no cabin divide or jacket hanging space for business passengers.

At the same time A320's DO, DY and DT were at Heathrow and were used on other domestic routes. Yesterday evening DY went to ABZ and DO/DT/DY are regulars on the Manchester run. ABZ and MAN are all economy services whereas BHD as sold as 2 class. I therefore wonder why BMI can find it acceptible to send Mid-haul config aircraft (with 49" business seats) on single class internal flights when at the same time 2 class internal flights are being served with single class aircraft. Belfast business class customers are getting a raw deal from BMI.

If they don't stop with this nonsense I can see a lot more of their customers moving to the green machine, especially if they are able to introduce an early morning flight.

Steve