PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia im coming!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 12:00
barrybeebone

I will join you!

Chrislikeblue

I have to agree with Jango and Cubs2jets Indonesian operators do want something very specific if they are going to hire a foreigner. The alternative is that you will probably be on local wages...not sure what they are but not much.

One airline I do know that has a couple of "Bule's" (means whitey - it is what they call westerners) is Lion Air. I believe they have a finance manager from abroad and one or two others. Mandala does also as they have an english CEO and others. Even still I assume these people all had something special to offer the airlines they work for.

I would also like to try my luck here. I currently work in Indonesia but my contract finishes mid 09. I am not a pilot but by mid next year will have three and a half years experience working with in Indonesian aviation on mainly security projects, but also safety and many other issues relating to competition, ATC's and environmental issues.I can speak bahasa, know many people in DGCA and at various airports.

If anyone has or knows of anything, let me know through PM.

Before anyone makes a crack on security and safety in Indonesia. I can say that things have changed. It may not be at the pace that we are used to in western countries but they are changing. The other thing I would say is that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!