PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terminal Area Weather Radar Technique
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 1999, 09:30
Checkboard

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts
Unhappy

The course involved a small colour booklet (punched to fit into a Jep binder), a photocopied A4 study manual (about 1cm thick), and a video tape lecture (with pics and graphics)that runs for about two hours.

The information and techniques are interesting and well researched, although I had already copies of a corporate flight manual and a magazine article from Business and Commercial Aviation written by the same guy, which included the gist of the course.

Is it worth $US139 ? - well, I think a fairer price would be about 2/3rd that, or less, but you also have to recognise that this information isn't really available anywhere else. You have to ask yourself what $US139 means to you.

It is interesting information, not really earth shattering, but I like technical stuff - and I am now the "Radar Expert" ;-) in my company (not that anybody cares). I don't regret buying it.

You could get together with a couple of mates and share the cost (of course copying the info would be a breach of copyright ), or better yet - convince your company training department to buy the course!

[This message has been edited by Checkboard (edited 08 November 1999).]