PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Market
Thread: Job Market
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 11:08
MIKECR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe are concentrating just now on converting the embraer crews onto the Dash. That may take a little while yet to see through. Im led to believe(I stand to be corrected however) there is still a small(albeit very small!) trickle of other pilots being recruited.

I think easyjet may have a trickle being taken on but all in all no major recruitment.

Ryanair, as someone else has mentioned, appear to have stopped recruitment til Spring.

BA have closed doors just now.

As for the charter's, I guess we'll have to wait and see what the schedules for next summer bring. The likes of Jet2 etc will presumably be deciding within the next couple of months what recruitment they will need for next year. With Xl bust however, I think we all know there's plenty 737 guys hunting for jobs. Theres also the CTC guys who are all in hold pool's too.

As for the Turboprop jobs, not easy to get into with 250 hours. They still seem to favour higher hours due to the quicker command potential. Again though, I dont think theres much movement just now. I know of the odd 1 who's went to the likes of eastern but all in all, not much doing.

With regards to the OAA schemes i.e. Netjets etc....i've got no idea whats happening there. Im sure someone else might be able to fill in the blanks.

As a suggestion to other's, you may wish to think of subscribing to the likes of BALPA and perhaps the Independent Pilots Assosciation. The IPA have up to date info on most airlines. You'll find out all the industry news and recruitment plans(if any) there, including contact details etc.

If you check the likes of Flighglobal on a daily basis, you can get a feel for things there too. This morning brings abot 5 - 6 pages of recruitment - nearly all China, Vietnam, India. That says it all really about the situation in Europe!!

Last edited by MIKECR; 19th Sep 2008 at 11:21.