PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Blindness and Indian Medicals
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 09:57
constellaton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey harree

well actually i got class1 medicals here in australia and obviously i had colour perception problems when i went for my medicals. well but here when i failed da ishihara test i appeared for fainswort lantern test and i think i got 4 wrong out of 16(cant remember exactly)and da doctor advised that i can still take one more test whcih is practical signal test.
wat this test is basically tat they will shoot different light signals frm da control tower and i hav to identify them correctly and u r given class1 medicals witout any restrictions.
and australia actually follows ICAO procedures for medicals and so does india as per the CAR's. well but when i nxt go to india i wud definitely give a shot at fainsworth lantern test and see wat happens.

and i guess if capt jerry is reading this he is in da same situation as i am. i hav a class1 for oz but not fit for indian medicals. but i guess jerry this can still be manipulated and the best way to find out is to go to india and appear for medicals and i m not too sure if u dont need to convert ur licence to work in india.