PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Market
Thread: Job Market
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2008, 09:54
D O Guerrero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a low-hours point of view, the situation is pretty awful. I graduated from my FTO in June. At the time, the only people recruiting low-hours pilots were BA and Ryanair, with the odd trickle of people going to the likes of Tyrolean, Air Southwest and Flybe.
The situation now is that BA have ceased recruiting low-hours pilots for the moment. Given that they have been told to reduce the management headcount by 30% by Christmas, I think it is unlikely that they will start recruiting pilots in the near future. As I understand it, they have honoured all interviews that were promised, however people succeeding at recent selection boards (& JOC) have been placed in the hold pool.
I don't know exactly the situation at Flybe, but I haven't heard of anyone getting a place there of late.
Ryanair have now stopped recruiting until the Spring at least. They have filled all TR courses, with the last one starting at Stockholm in mid Oct. They currently have triple the number of usual applicants following the collapse of XL et al.
Tyrolean have gone very quiet but in any case, the number of UK low hours pilots getting places has been very small.
I know of one person getting a job at Air Southwest in the last few weeks.
That's basically it, to my knowledge.