PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Sep 2008, 21:49
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only one comment...

Lulu, get your facts straight before spreading rubbish on this forum!

QR is not a perfect airline, and we all know it, but lying about the truth is not going to help a thing!

All I was saying is that Air Asia might not be such a good move after QR, especially if your expectations are set very high when going there. It simply is NOT better than QR....

Just for the sport...

CEO....no comment but it seems to me, talking to the Malaysian guys, that the CEO of Air Asia is quite a nutcase himself!

Rostering....just have a look at an Air Asia A320 roster. You'll be crying to have your QR one back, even on A320!

Legality....didnt they tell you in school never to believe the guys behind the desk when they tell you something is legal? Have the decency to open your OM and study chapter 7 so you know what you are dealing with. I can tell you that I never went on an illegal flight in my life, no matter what rostering says. But than again, I know my chapter 7 pretty good! Happens in all airlines!

Pressure...well, many years in this airline....never was pressured one single time to do a flight! I have been asked, thats true, but in 50% of these cases I said NO because it did not suit me and I have not heard anything of it since!

Maintenance...your 777 example just shows you have No idea what you are talking about...Maintenance is very good at QR, and thats just a fact!

HArd landings...we had quit a few, thats true. But none of them was above 2.5G and none of them resulted in a write off! In AA on the other hand....

The JHB landing...ugly story, I agree. But the aircraft never was in the same danger as the 220kias in AA one.Just have a look at my Malaysian Iarforce remark above and than ask any of the Malaysian pilots here exactly what happend, what was said in the flight deck and where the capatins background was... And QR took appropriate action against the captain, while I believe the captain in AA is still flying around in a left seat (Correct me if wrong on this one please...)

Capt pay in AA is almost the same as new FO in QR....

So please, stop the BS and inform people correctly! As said before , QR is far from being a perfect airline and it is not everybody's cup of tea but hey, keep it descent!
I understand you are frustrated about something but that does not justify lies. You are not only fooling others, you are fooling yourself as well!