PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 18th Sep 2008, 21:19
Spam_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys, this is a question for any ex NCA who have decided to go for pilot in the RAF. Or if not anyone who knows, or has heard of this happening.

I'm currently serving back end on one of her majesty's fine aircraft and am considering applying for Pilot once my return of service is up.

I'm fully aware of the whole application process, and what the job entails, my question is, how do the guys in charge decide what aircraft type you end up on and how much choice do you have in the matter? Is it like NCA where its just a matter of bums on seats, or do you have a little more input where you end up?

The reason I ask is I really enjoy the job that I'm currently in, however would love to try for Rotary Wing Pilot? How like am I to get what I want, and what do they look for in particular?

I appreciate these are very broad questions and I thankyou all in advance for your help (I hope). Look forward to some answers!

P.S Apologies if there are any spelling or grammer mistakes, it's been a long day, and an even longer beer call

Spam