PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 18th Sep 2008, 18:10
hammerhead70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really??? And your statement is based on what information? If we knew each other you would know that my experience expands far beyond "just working as a CFI in the States" and a few jibes at the VFR part of the GOM!
It's just funny how a guy like Rick1128 gets away with such a stupid comment, basically insulting everybody who holds a JAA license by calling them "whiners" who raise a ruckus when an American pilot does a short term contract in Europe. If that's the case, I'm sure there is a reason for it! Undermining current remuneration standards comes to mind right away! And again...how many US citizens do you know, who work in JAA land as helicopter pilots?
We all know how welcome foreigners are in the US. Just remember the last time you were waiting in line trying to get through Immigration! Why is there no legal way to get a working permit in the US as a helicopter pilot other than getting married there? Feel free to prove me wrong!

There are many differences between the two systems. You can like one better than the other, but that's personal preference! I don't agree with the bureaucracy and the costs in Europe either, but to say that the JAA ride is a joke compared to the FAA 135 ride is just ludicrous! Everybody who has gone through both check rides knows that!
Maybe you would like to comment the development of accidents in the GOM and the US air ambulance industry over the past few years?! I would say there could be quite a few people still be alive, if the FAA had not left so many areas grey and open for interpretation.

I know I'm biased, but that's just because I don't like to be called a "whiner" by a "yankee" who thinks he invented rotary wing aviation!