PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Careers Officer coming to school
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 16:46
Culio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taxydual - I asked many questions myself, also expressing my interest in becoming a Legal Officer if I fail the aptitude, he said he was pleased that I would still try and enter into the RAF.

I have to honestly say, there were no pregnant pauses We kept talking and talking, and it wasn't just a one way conversation.

And the Sqn Ldr was not a medic, he was a Careers Officer. He filled in a form about my details, my desired field, my interests, health, career aspirations etc. I'm not sure what he will do with the form however

I don't know why, but I said at one point "For me, it's not about being a pilot, it's about being in the RAF". He seemed very pleased but afterwards I was worried he might think I was just going for aircrew for the hell of it...which of course I'm not

At the end of it, we ended talking about aircraft and I mentioned I watched the XH558 at Southport Airshow and all of a sudden we were in very chatty conversation about some good ol' plane spotting. He mentioned a time when he saw two Herc's flying over his house in formation, I wouldn't have minded seeing that.

By the way, thanks for the many votes of confidence guys