PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways losing instructors
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 16:27
A330 man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To QR515

QR 515, you are absolutely correct when you said:

Lets say your ambition is to be TRE on the A330, but currently you are flying the A320.
It actually is faster for you if you just do your job as CApt A320 (refuse the offers to go in trng), do your term, transfer after 2 years on the A330 and accept the invitation as LTC on A330 --> TRI --> TRE!!!

DEC can still join on A330 or T7 and become LTC after 6 months, hereby pissing of all those people who are putting in their best efforts on the others fleets since years before!

It is actually happening for my friends who were "loyal enough" and accepted to stay on the 320 doing the hard work for 3 years to go later on the 330 or even to the 340 TREs like M.H, who worked hard on the 320 earlier, so it was a positive message that all is gonna be OK in the bright horizon, suddenly all is cancelled, no fleet transfer for them and we(330 TREs) have to go to the 320!!

I wonder why the 320 captains on the management seats did not come as DEC on the 320 to give a helping hand?? They chose instead to fly the 330 and on their way to get the 777 rating!!!

I understand that some managers don't practice what they preach, but I don't understand why deny others the same privilege especially after their hard work for the airline!!

I did my time on the 320, it is a very hard work and not rewarding, unpaid long ground time, too many daily sectors and not many good night stops.

Why should I do it again when I have so many chances to fly 330 in many countries (including commuting contract option)?

This new policy is a wrong message for all the 320 captains, no one will accept the training offer anymore.