PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - List your childhood model collection
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 16:11
TiffyFGR4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much, treadigraph, that's very helpful, I'll check it out, many thanks. =)

Regards,
Wayne

Chris Royle,

"The post on this thread about a collection of 1/48th EE Lightnings prompted my memory.
The chap in question had built a collection of Lightnings (in every mark and squadron colour) as half models and had attached them to a vertical board. Looked very professional".

That was something I had in mind of doing with all my EE Lightnings, but never really got round to doing it, I just had them lined up side by side on a long shelf, I even had a couple of the first couple of mk's with the four gun configuration, looked very good. It'd be great if Airfix do an 'Prototype' model of the EE Lightning, because I believe one of the early prototypes had an "Experimental tailfin extention"? I remember reading something about that some time ago, weither it actually flew or not, I don't know? But it'd be a very nice model neverless.

And if I manage to get a TSR2, I'm gonna get a EE Lightning to go with it, they'll look great together. If I get them, I'll take some pictures of them & post them on here.

Hmmmm Some people think it's kinda odd when they see a death metal listening, 26 year old covered with piercings & tattoo's going into a model shop asking if they have any kits of a TSR2, but hey, we're all individuals, as they say on 'Life Of Brian'. hehe

Many thanks once again.

Last edited by TiffyFGR4; 18th Sep 2008 at 16:37.