PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Sep 2008, 14:59
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably true...

But do not get fooled by time to upgrade....QR and EY have exactly the same policy:

OM says 3 years in company...reality will be much longer if you join now.Goes for both QR and EY
Upgrade done on A320 in both airlines. In EY B777 FO to A330 capt is about to be stopped. As well no MFF for newly upgraded skippers!

Its a though choice if you are planning to come to the sandpit. But it is my opinion that as an FO you better stay in whatever company you came here, wait for an upgrade and than move if you want to do that.
My personal opinion: Same S..T different place....If I move I will move out of the region!

Other warning: Air Asia!

Many people thinking of joining Air Asia as a trade in for QR. My advise would be to talk to the ex Air Asia guys we have flying here.

Ask them about:

Rostering
Legalities
The CEO
Management pressure
Aircraft maintenance
4.5 G Landings
Landings in clean config at 220KIAS
ETOPS or non-ETOPS
CAT I only
money
You think algerian and libian captains are bad to fly with....How about flying with an ex Malaysian Air force jetjock?

And most important: IF, and I say IF with a reason, they give you an upgrade there, do you think any other serious company will hire you as a captain in the future?

JUST ASK THEM BEFORE YOU MAKE A MOVE. It might be worth it...