PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Border between being assertive or arrogant/rude
Old 18th Sep 2008, 12:53
Centaurus

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I walk away from this guy with a mega chip on both shoulders.I think CRM really has gone too far and encourages this sort of behaviour in Flt deck.At the end of the day the CAPTAIN is in command of the aircraft with all the responsibility that goes with it.We are seeing too many arrogant,overconfident ,insolent trainees in the right hand seat,all well balanced individuals with chips on both shoulders!....I could go on.Im sure many Capts have experienced the same scenario.....
I know of one major SE Asia airline where the captain has full authority to turf the culprit off at the next suitable stop and ask for a replacement. Of course the captain is required to explain his actions later. But a stress laden flight deck simply because of a seriously bad news second in command is a flight safety hazard and should be treated as such. Of course there are always two sides to every story and the SBNSIC will have the opportunity to give his version of events.