PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2
Thread: Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 08:43
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny, I can understand your motivation for wanting to protect the good name of jet2, but what if the question had been phrased for an airline you worked for that was looking a bit shaky? Are we to take it that reassuring answers=OK, no answers=dodgy? I'm very glad you feel Jet2 is in an OK position, but you really must recognise this stupid question is going to be posed for other shaky airlines. therefore, if you want to keep confidence in the industry and not cause a 'run on the bank' you must answer to all such questions: 'pay with a credit card and keep your fingers crossed!'. Period. Can't you see that? Have you noticed for financial institutions, the only answer given to such questions is 'keep your deposits at any one institution below £35,000'!' Nobody says 'XXXX bank is beginning to look a bit queer! Watch out!' I am most concerned for the safety of my overdraft, so I watch the health of my bank!

I don't want to shake your world, but ongoing trading conditions are not connected with ability to survive. XL were working well and busy- it was the end of summer with a big rush to get home. But what brought XL down was giant debt and refinancing. It can hit even a company trading very well, and quite frankly the banks are not going to refinance anyone, so any airline can be in a flash in a precarious position.

This is not the place to come to for a bloody financial report!