PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2
Thread: Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 08:20
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ACC Man - You obviously haven't learnt much from your past experiences, nor have you looked properly at what Jet2 are offering for the winter. As far as we can see we have had a great summer and have made made lots of money. Perhaps the reason for this is that we've dropped the likes of Berlin, Paris and Gatwick which didn't make much and have concentrated on the core routes which do. The winter sees a large reduction in our offerings and consists of none of the routes which you have mentioned from MAN (ALC/AGP etc) precisely because they weren't going to be worthwhile operating. This leaves a thin program admittedly, but I'm confident that those in the know have calculated that it'll cost less to park the aircraft than to have it fly with low load factors. We will also be doing a fair number of charters through the winter again, you can be sure of that.

Wycombe - You're quite correct, some of our 733's did come from Ansett, but why's that funny?

Rainboe - Whilst I agree with your sentiments on this one, we have to protect ourselves in these times, it'd be all too easy to ignore the question, but then the doom-mongers would be onto it saying that there was no confidence in the company, then the press would get a whiff of it and it'd be out of control in no time. I agree with you though, this should not have been allowed to get this far in R&N.

Neilly - as for your original question, nobody can be sure of "making it" at the mo (even Ryanair), but I think the majority at Jet2 feel comfortable that we can weather this storm and come out the other side.