PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wierd Flight Arrival and Departure times in the US
Old 18th Sep 2008, 07:33
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I step back in admiration....a real pilot! Always on GMT! I love it! I always go onto local time myself as I've spent too long in bars waiting for the others to turn up at the appointed time having messed up a mental conversion to local time! And as for India....+5 1/2 hours on GMT....work that one out when you wake up! (turn the watch upside down and take off 1/2hour!)

Actually, to most people, even Brits, 'Greenwich Mean' is a mysterious place that has it's own time, and they're not sure what or where it is! We all live under British Summer Time (BST), and even people walking along the river in Greenwich will not really know where this mysterious place 'Greenwich Mean' is that has its own time (British education is dreadful now- all they seem to learn is sex education involving homosexual relationships, and knife combat. You might have noticed they don't teach in Brit schools anymore the difference between there, their and they're. They leave it to me...and it's getting too much!).