PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2008, 18:56
wings1011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To PPPilot

Sorry for not really understand you questions, but im trying to answer them as I understood them. Yes the APU bleed is not for flight use only for ground use-APU electrical power can be utilized in flight and also as an extra source of power (electrical) if needed. And yes the steering does not work in flight (if you were refering to nose wheel steering) but that is pure mechanical protected nothing electrical. That is for preventing the nose wheels turning inside the bay when up selected and then get stuck by structure inside.When the strut oleo springs out the planet gear is removed from gearsprockets making the steering cylinders move without bringing the gear strut with it (if I.e rudderinputs are made in flight, or steering tiller turned) -It all cames back to normal when gear is compressed again.Simple solution.
The T.O mode what you are asking about im not sure what you mean though ?? only thing I could think of were the T.O mode of the TRP (thrust rating pnl) and that is just working fine in Airmode.
Maybe You were suggesting how they could start the engines if the aircraft were in partly FLT mode ?? well simple as the APU bleed valve does not go under the same ground/fight relay as the other stuff mentioned earlier in this thread.

Regards

Wings 1011