PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways losing instructors
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2008, 14:34
A320 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post from a friend

This post is froma friend who did not want his handle revieled:

The only reason to become instructor for QR is to increase the salary,because the job sucks,flying only turn around flights .And not long time ago giving basic instructions in a A330 for a S/O with only 200 hs TT.(not S/O's fault.It's the Company lack of vision)

That's why the majority of the guys left after paying debts and the ones who continue stays only because they are building houses elsewhere and need money to pay the loans,and the majority of them piss the brain of the trainees with a lot of BS.

We normally see in line FO's with only 2 months in the Comany wishing to go,because the training captains during the sim and the line destroying any desire from them to have a life and stay in the sandpit.

Money is not enought to keep these people among us.
And What about the experienced FO's .Here they call them Senior with 3 stripes after flying for 3 yrs and them fail a lot of them during Captain training.And we know that most of them fly better and safe than a lot of DEC's among us.

That's Good for some far east low cost companies that are currently getting a lot of our good experienced FO's to fill their Captain ranks.

I feel really bad about this because those people spent 4-5 yrs in the sandpit for nothing,or some new guys came here with a very good background from places as far as Latin and Central America countries and USA as well and could be here for a long time to help the company grow,but they left with anger.Maybe is the QR Karma.

QR could be good,i mean a very good company to work for. But ......

I am leaving as well.I can't cope with the lack of motivation and lack of happiness even among the flight deck crew.Even if they pay me 10 times is not enough.I am losing my faith and i became a racist,because of some Ind...(nationalities)!