PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single large gall stone acceptable for Class 1?
Old 17th Sep 2008, 14:21
GSXR1K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single large gall stone acceptable for Class 1?

Wonder if anyone can help here?

The JAA Manual of Civil Aviation Medicine states the following :
"Billiary calculi : a single, large, assymptomatic gall stone wich has been discovered by chance may be acceptable".

I´m a PPL(A) who is going to have his first Class 1 medical very soon BTW (hoping to do a fATPL).

So, i have a single 7 mm gall stone, discovered by chance while checking for kidney stones, as i had a 2 mm kidney stone a year ago (very small, but still very unpleasant...). Checked back then, after that episode, and had no more kidney stones, and again this week, confirmed kidney stone free.

What i´m getting at, what are the odds i won´t be given an unrestricted Class 1 based on the single 7 mm gall stone?

I´m very likely gonna have the thing removed (depending on my medical insurance covering the procedure, wich they´ve said depends on the medical report..., and if it doen´t, how much it´ll set my highly stretched finances back...), but what do you think i can expect at the Class 1 exams when i show them the report for the kidneys and gallbladder?

Thanks in advance