PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting Salary In Regional Airlines
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2008, 14:03
av8r76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well then that makes things tough for you if the significant other is hoping to move out of India. If you are willing to sacrifice your current job then all the power to you. As mentioned earlier you will need a little bit more experience if you want to qualify for jobs similiar to what you hold right now.

With Zoom gone and impending closures in other outfits... along with all other regionals suspending hiring being there at the end of this month will not give you much hope. When you get there you will get a fair idea of the salary structure and see that financially it just doesn't make sense to do it.

But nevertheless talk to as many people as you can and drop in your resume so they can put a face to your name. You never know what might open up for you. Let's face it..... people will call you a button pusher but 320 time is 320 time. And if you wait it out just a little bit longer your 320 PIC time will become invaluable in your quest for a job in Canada.

My wife, who is French Canadian, refuses to go back home and take a significant paycut, so my options are limited as of now despite the fact that I am willing to take a downgrade in equipment and remuneration just to be home.

Hopefully in the long run all our decisions eventually lead us to a happier place both personally and professionally.

Enjoy your vacation.