PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mini PPRuNe Conventions
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 1999, 16:19
CaptSensible

Steve, sorry for your dissapointment yesterday, but what Danny said is correct...we were in the 'Bodrhan Bar' of the DAP Forte Hotel from 6pm until about 8pm. I also had difficulty contacting Danny through the front desk. I had phoned him at 2pm to make sure he was in town and up for a pint. I was put through on that occasion with no problem and arranged to meet him later. When I actually fronted up to the reception desk later and asked for his room number the twot on the desk insisted that there was no such person in the hotel! I had to insist back for quite a while before they finally dug out the number!
We were in the bar for about two hours, right at the bar just beside the door, so you must have walked past us if you checked the area! I assume you havent met Danny before, so maybe we should have worn our PPruNe T-Shirts!
I was rather surprised that the attendance was so poor though I must say.
Besides you and I, it appears no one else was bothered to turn up to meet our fearless leader! I wonder where Greaser was? And Chaos? (I was soooo looking forward to meeting him), Hamrah had an excuse (weak)and I could list others but I'll restrain myself.
My guess is all the guys are a little SHY about revealing their true identities.

[This message has been edited by Capt PPRuNe (edited 11 June 1999).]

[This message has been edited by CaptSensible (edited 11 June 1999).]

[This message has been edited by CaptSensible (edited 11 June 1999).]