PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2008, 00:33
flightfocus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the subject of mgt bonuses for ineptness.

Have a mate working on the west coast. He reckons that they heard from an ex Air Shambles BS castle guy that TFN is on a fab wicket.

Story is that his 1st contract had him on just over $1,000,000 pa PLUS a $600,000 bonus for EVERY $40,000,000 saved.

Note the wording, I was told, is important. Not profit generated, or new business secured. No it is saved. Easiest way = cut back on everything including staff, training, investment in equipment etc etc.

Now TFN wants to be our best friend and is fixing the mess those "renegade" controllers have made....???? Don't think so. By the way for comparison the absolute top increment for an active controller is around $135,000 - and this is after about 15 years of service.

So what we have is a CEO who is incredibly motivated to go in with the knife on a slash and burn campaign. It explains why we had Managers wining Oz Day awards for contributing to the "cost cutting" mantra. And the current state of the ..... um Gulag, I mean Academy.

How can we possibly expect a CEO with such financial incentives to make decisions in the best interest of the company OR the customer.

For all you media types looking for a story, this is it. How can this be allowed. Now we have to put up with the spin that the naughty controllers are not playing his game.

Sorry TFN, tell someone who cares. Vote of no confidence from me.