PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 16th Sep 2008, 23:31
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goaroundnow
Do you know anything vaguely positive?
By my calculations, you have been in the hold pool for approximately 3 months.

Some of my colleagues have been in BA for anything up to 16 years, and have still not achieved a coveted longhaul command (of which I am one!)

Why not ask the 2200 of them how they feel about a further EIGHT years of career constipation? Ask them if they have anything 'vaguely positive' to say.

There are now two kinds of pilot in BA. Those who are fortunate enough to be able to extend their 'golden years' in the top job, by anything up to (and perhaps more than) ten years, and those who cannot. This option was not available to those who went before, nor will it be available to those who follow.

And finally.......

From our posting officer, hot off the press this evening: With the exception of those pilots being 'forced' to move due to fleet reductions (747, 757) there are likely to be virtually NO movements on the Posting and Promotion front in the coming year!

Does that sound like I am experiencing a "certain enjoyment" in giving you the 'bad news'?

If you are fortunate enough to be quickly pulled from the pool, but don't fancy the idea of 12-15 years without a 'sniff' of a command, you're probably joining the wrong company.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by Tandemrotor; 17th Sep 2008 at 00:06.