PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2008, 22:15
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working for the airline themselves I am telling you that the airline does not simply cancel a flight. There is no point in arguing with you because you already have an opinion which you will stick to based on 'experience' without actually looking at the bigger picture, and I feel pitty for you in that respect because you claim to have knowledge about the aviation industry. It is nothing personal and please do not take offense, but it is clear that there are many users of this forum that fall into a particular category and it isn't pretty - namely 'one or two flights and they know the whole operation'. You may be an experienced traveler but when your flying on that one flight just think about the other 450 operating that day. How an earth you can compare Flybe operations to the likes of Eastern is beyond me!

And as for Eastern being better at combining etc......I believe Flybe do that too when absolutely required. Nothing special you know - many airlines do it. Out of curiosity how many passengers do Eastern carry per annum compared to Flybe? How many aircraft do Flybe have compared to Eastern? How much experience does Flybe (Management) have at running an airline compared to Eastern? These are not to be answered necessarily but I am just trying to make a point - they are my employer and we work dam hard to ensure that our operations are as smooth as possible and it is quite irritating to see criticism when the supporting evidence is so weak.

Kind regards