PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK integrated training
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2008, 16:03
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC
Dont believe their hype
The current market will be difficult enough to predict employer / cadet employment satistics, let alone take CTC graduates unless you want to be sent to China or other far flung places.
There are guys and girls already in the holding pool who have been swimming in circles for months not to mention those taking their first dip in the pool after completing their course.
I know of people in holding pools who have been swimming for several months one at least for over a year.
100% placement is now a thing of the past, just look at the last employer to stop cadet hiring (Ryanair) this is indicative of the near future and holding pools will get full quickly.
OAA, FTE, and Cabair will try their best to place students but if there are no jobs then it will take a couple of years to see an upturn.

Taking about 2 years from selection to completion this might be a good thing for new integrated students.
But I ask will the finance be available from the usual sources, and if so upon what terms ?

If you had asked this question six months ago I would have said the market for jobs was good but on a down turn. A year earlier it was very good for all fATPL holders.

If you have a strong motivation to fly professionally and can raise the monies required then go on the course and in two years the market may well be more buoyant.