PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2008, 14:52
bia botal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok for sure the main reason for the accident has(most likely) been discovered, what is of interest to me is the human factors that lead to the crew taking off with zero flap, because as sure as night follows day this is not going to be as clean cut as it appears, the crew skipped through a vital part of a check list, but why? I am sure all of you who have been in the industry for a while, will recall a time when a change to a everyday event lead to something being missed in a check, these guys found them-selfs, late, taxi to runway, return to stand, engineers called, pax wanting to get off, hot day, and from what i have heard from a friend of one of the crew, under extreme pressure from the company to get the flight underway despite reservation from the crew(has anyone else heard this). Do we know if they even had time to go over the MEL and interpret what happens once the ground/air CB is pulled, because from what i have read here it sure sounds like one hell of a complicated issue to me. remember people it has been proved time and again that it takes 7 holes in the swiss cheese to course an accident. Ground/air CB pulled and flaps not set are but two.
where are the rest and will we actually find out.