PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scared PAX force Air Berlin to replace aircraft
Old 16th Sep 2008, 07:36
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did ever pass to your mind that those silly passenger might have more qualification that you have? Might be there doctors, scientist, CEOs and just because they are not sitting in the front of the aircraft you call them silly?
I don't think anyone questions the intelligence of the passengers. Each person entering into the flight has a personal stake in the successful conclusion of the flight. After all, each person has a right to live and be safe. If the passenger feels uncomfortable or sees reason to fear for the safety of the flight, I would hope that the passenger is willing to pass this information along. I know that if I were a passenger and concerned about the safety of flight, I wouldn't take the flight...every bit as much as when acting as a pilot I won't fly if I have a concern about the safety of flight. That's reasonable.

What's not reasonable is the concept that because one is a doctor, scientist, CEO, or other representative of a particular professional vocation, one has any expertise whatsoever with respect to aviation.