PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed PPL flight test
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2008, 07:34
Generic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Failed PPL flight test

Okay, so I took my PPL flight test today (I've just under 80 hrs), everything went fairly well except my approaches - on the first one I was too close the aircraft in front and should have gone around before I did (the testing officer had to initiate it, although I was beginning to consider it just before he did), the second time we tried for a precision landing on the parallel grass runway and I got miles too low, should have gone around but went for it and ended up touching down about 3m prior to the runway threshold (which isn't that big of a deal because it's a taxiway, but still.) So I failed - which was fair enough (although until about 10min into the debrief I thought I'd passed - like I said everything else was fine.) Hopefully I'm going to go up and do some circuits with the testing officer again on thurs and my instructor says that he might just sign me off if everything's okay then (which it should be - I know that I know how to land properly, I just think that by the end of the test my nerves were getting to me.)

What I'm posting about though is to ask, will this affect my career as a commerical pilot? Do airlines really care very much if you failed your ppl first try? I haven't failed anything else, passed all my ppl, cpl & ifr exams. Thanks in advance!