PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad demise of Perth DC3 Operator
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2008, 06:06
sixtiesrelic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice that you can surprise the doom and gloomers Skyways.
I agree Perth has a small population, but it has a large tourist population. That's where the money spenders are.
How many people are paying $115 to just wander through and out on the wing of the Jumbo in Longreach?
Bloody lots from what I hear and you have to pay again to look in the 707, I am told.
Most Easterners get a bit of a surprise at the size of the South West corner and the travel time to "nick down" to say, Margaret River... all day with about seven or eight hours driving.
Costs not much less to rent a car and do the tour that's on offer with a DC-3 ride included.
Been for one of those trips and it's nothing like the sterile people moooovers of today. Freedom to take photos all around the old girl on the ground and freedom to move around the cabin and have a turn at looking out the bubble window where you have your head way over the side with out having your hair blown.
The pilots aren't "hidden away up there" you get to talk to them and they're a font of information and pretty chuffed to share a magic aeroplane with everybody.
Congrats on sticking in there Classic Wings