PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning Tricks, Short Cuts etc
Old 16th Sep 2008, 05:57
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm the last guy to ask about speeding things up. I failed and I'm now trying to fix that and speed is my biggest issue.

I did it at uni three years ago (but didn't take the exam as my lecturer told us all to do) and then went back and did the AFT (N Higgins) distance learning course. I'm now doing five practice exams put out by Rob Avery (very different method to AFT but the answers are the same of course). When I get a bit more time tonight I'll PM you a list of tips I have for speeding things up. The biggest one I have to say is flipping to the rarely used cruise planning section and just getting the TAS for a given FL and Mach No then adjusting AS PER THE MANUAL with +/- 1 knot per degree +/- ISA (this is not a rule of thumb, it comes from the actual manual).

OK, Off to the local library to study so will be a while before I post again (much to the applause of the masses I'm sure).

FRQ CB

PS anybody in Perth studying for this? I'd love to get together. No kissing and no hand-holding... I might let you see my elbows but not on a first date (sorry).