PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scared PAX force Air Berlin to replace aircraft
Old 16th Sep 2008, 05:39
Minimbah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silly Passengers

Rubik 101 said “Simply tell them that if one gets off, you're all off and the flights cancelled. See how peer pressure works amongst the SLF and leave them to decide. I don't have the time to be held to ransom by silly passengers.”

Well then, there’s a simple answer – just don’t bother with us silly passengers, just fly your nice shiny aircraft all over the place empty. I’m sure the company will still pay your wages – NOT.

Seriously, given the number of aircraft that are making holes in ground at present and the financial state of the airline industry, can you blame passengers for being a bit concerned.

Yes, I know, statistically it’s more dangerous to drive my car than fly, but statistics mean bugger all to someone who knows nothing about aircraft and suspects, rightly or wrongly, that something is wrong with HIS/HER aircraft. They do seem to forget that the crew would also like to arrive at their destination in one piece.

I must agree with nick2007 when he said “it's the responsibility of the airline to inform/instruct/reassure the pax, and if the airline fails to reassure, i'd say the pax have a right to protest.

Rant off. Minimbah