PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning Tricks, Short Cuts etc
Old 16th Sep 2008, 04:05
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone break down the usual content of the exam like layout wise.
ksa5223,

Expect about 17 questions for a total of 50 points (making a 5 pointer worth 10%, 2 pointer 4% etc).

I suggest the following maximum times (averaged, some 5s may take longer than other 5s):

5 points - 25 minutes
4 points - 17 minutes
3 points - 9 minutes
2 points - 4 minutes
1 point - 2 minutes

Start with the 5s then the 4s (mathematically there shouldn't be too many 4s) then skip the 3s (I find them more time consuming for only 3 points and at this point in the exam maybe give the brain a minute to chill out) and go do some 2s before returning to the 3s. Do the 1 pointers last (but give yourself a chance to get them right, maybe save the last 5 minutes for them). Depending on the exact breakdown that you get on the day the above ought to take you about 180 minutes so if you stick to it you will have little time to relax and recheck your answers.

Keep the posts coming.

FRQ CB

ALSO

Just in case I lead anybody astray please note that I made a mistake in a post a few weeks ago regarding DP holding fuel for weather. As soon as I can get around to it I will fix it soon by means of an edit to that post and then I will edit out this paragraph.