PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Hedging at EK
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2008, 03:49
TurboDAWG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In late winter/early spring, The company news publication "SAFAR" had an article in which they recognized and applauded the great effort of Mr. XYZ for hedging EKs fuel for the next X amount of years.

I can't recall the name or nationality of this individual that was mentioned in the article, but I clearly recall the article explaining what hedging was and its affects on EKs bottom line.

So Yes they Hedge... and if I was a gambling man... and with all the Fuel optimization and saving ( nothing wrong with it, a business should run as lean as lean can be), but I bet EK is laughing all the way to the bank.... and chance are that next spring we wont see much of a profit share cause of the high fuel process. Caugh Caugh BS. (hope I am wrong)

On another note,

What media sources are you getting your info about in regards to the US economy is improving... As much as I wish you are correct, that just ain't the case.

With the events of the last few days in the financial sector, there are still a few more banks and mortgage companies that will drop from this domino effect.

Not sure when things will start improving, but a new administration in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue will be a good start.