PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: V-australia Interviews, T's & C's etc?
Old 16th Sep 2008, 01:28
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for VH-YES

A bit of thread drift, but VH-YES said:

I was interviewed by QL earlier in the year and I was flattly told -

1. Pay $18,000 upfront and even though I was not to be based in Syd I was to pay for accommodation, food etc etc for the entire 2 months training without PAY! and JS do the exact same thing and is a fact not fiction, wonder where they got the idea from?
When were you interviewed? I was interviewed by QL in March and started my course in April (DEFO). One of my friends did the traineeship a month later and another one did the traineeship the month after that.

EVERYONE in my course who wasn't based in SYD was reimbursed accomodation, AND got overnight allowances on top of that (AFAIK, the same went for the other courses).

The DEFO's had a choice of either an upfront $10,000.00. You'd not get paid until you got your Dash-8 endo (5-8 weeks later), but you'd then be on full pay. If you went for the bond ($19,000 pro-rata over 3 years) you'd be on training pay (around 80% of full-pay) from day one of the ground school.

The traineeship candidates didn't get paid while they were at GFS. They were bonded for four years, but were also paid the training pay from day one of the ground school.

PM me if you like, so as not to stray from the thread, but your QL interview expectations was very different to mine and everyone I've since met at QL.

DIVOSH!