PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Hedging at EK
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2008, 20:44
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears to me Fractional, that you are a wise person. I happen to disagree with you on certain points though.

What motive would Greenspan have to lie now? He clearly is a very smart man and in spite of his initial support for GWB's policies, he realized very quickly that the REPUBS were intent on supporting the 'UPPER CLASS, haha, at whatever cost to the MIDDLE CLASS"

Just because the last few generations have seen certain patterns in economic cycles, does not necessarily mean that will continue.

For example the war in Vietnam appeared to be a thrust against the advance of communism and a 'lack of freedom', it was ill-advised. Yet even then, I believe it was not based on lies. It was carried out foolishly though.

Back then, things were different. When the Yanks 'FINALLY' entered the great war(WWll), and GOOD prevailed, it was the beginning of good times. Presently this is not the case. Neither does the USA have the economic power or even political will to do the correct thing. Sadly, due to human nature, when a culture or nation reaches the pinnacle of existence, it almost always results in their eventual downfall.

Honestly, just consider the educational level of the average American. It is appalling. I do not mean to slag my Yank pals, but there is no denying that fact. When you throw into the equation the disgusting government of the last 8 years, there is no reason to believe that somehow, they will see the light.

The country, albeit it wonderful and initially based on sound and decent principles, is definitely in decline. Really, can any sane person even try to explain why McCain is even in the running? It truly amazes me.

I am embarassed by western society of late. There are only a few countries left on this planet that seem to hold proper values in high regard.

I will go on record now, stating that thing are going to get ugly in the near future. Fortunately for us at EK, things are still good. This is probably the best airline for pilots, at least in the near term. Just wait till McCain (if he ever gets into office), starts HIS next war.

To be honest, I don't dislike McCain as a human being. I always thought GWB was evil and stupid and I have been proven correct in those regards. I just believe McCain is mis-guided.

I mean really....... A SOCCER MOM has a 1 in 3 chance of taking the Presidency and staring down Putin ! That is based upon insurance company actuarial statistics ! This clearly points out McCains lack of judgement, something which I believe to be all too evident.

No other country, aside from perhaps Pakistan, would even tolerate a political party putting forth such candidates. This says alot about the GOOD OLE USA.

I don't even give a rats ass anymore. I will find my place of security, live on the beach and attempt to ignore things when they get ugly.

Take a look at the average Yank response when someone points out the obvious. People like OJGuilty. They are stunned c.. un ts. And these people are the future of western society?

It is time to reflect on the evil and illegal war that GWB started in Iraq. That prick, should be in jail ! Yet to this day...... 40% of Americans still support him. That is shocking and depressing.

Anyhow, I just don't care anymore. lol. I used to care, but now I figure what the hell. I'm looking after myself and my own, and that is about all. If the Yanks are about to suffer immeasurably in the next few decades, then so be it. If they prosper in the next few decades (that's a long shot) then so be it.

My apologies for the rant, but I truly believe things are about to get ugly in the world.